Mission: The mission of EIM at Rutgers University, New Brunswick is to foster collaborative leadership on campus through the promotion of well-being through exercise and physical activity.
Vision: The vision of EIM at Rutgers University, New Brunswick is to see leaders across multiple disciplines promote, support, and engage the campus community in the value and participation of exercise as a medicine for chronic disease prevention and management.
EIM-OC at Rutgers, New Brunswick Steps to Better Health:
To request an appointment with the EIM-OC coach: https://go.rutgers.edu/eimoc22, or use this QR code. Once this form is completed you will be directed to select an appointment time. This is a virtual session . All participants must complete a health and fitness history form prior to the appointment. At the completion of the session, you will be provided with a workout plan. The coach will also take you in the weight room and show you how to use the equipment and perform exercises.
Work with your EIM-OC Coach for the whole semester, or for a couple of weeks. It is up to you. You and your Coach will determine the best schedule to meet your goals. We are so excited to coach you on your fitness journey and hope you make an appointment today!
How to make an appointment?
- Schedule an appointment on our website by clicking Book an Appointment or
- Make an appointment on the RUREC2GOAPP or website rec.rutgers.edu - appointments are scheduled under Programs > Fitness & Wellness (scroll down to see Fitness Coaching: EIM-OC)
Benefits of Physical Activity to you:
Regular physical activity at the correct intensity is scientifically proven to reduce health risks for a number of chronic diseases.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by 40%
- Reduces incidences of diabetes by about 50%
- Reduces incidences of high blood pressure by about 50%
- Reduces the risk of different types of cancers by 40-60%
- Colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer
- Reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by ⅓
- Reduces levels of depression as effectively as medication and behavioral therapy